The changing landscape of Asian economies is modifying the dynamics of competition and profitability between corporations. In this report from the Economist Intelligence Unit, several demographic, legal and financial trends are analyzed to search for market insights as well as best practices for corporate finance and strategy in Asia.
For a more comfortable reading, it is quite suggested to open the report in full screen!
View / download the report as a .pdf document.
Summary – Asia Competition barometer: Pharmaceuticals
Preface – page 2
Executive summary – page 3
Asia’s growing importance for corporate performance and global competitiveness – page 5
Competition and profitability at Asian firms – page 9
- Competition: Marginal decrease in an extremely fragmented sector – page 9
- Profitability: Slow growth – page 11
- Case study: Glenmark Pharmaceuticals – page 13
Positioning for success in Asia – page 14
- Sustained growth – page 14
- Patent expirations will lead to more partnerships involving Asian generics manufacturers – page 15
- Case Study: AstraZeneca – page 17
- Case Study: Lonza – page 18
Outlook – page 19
Barometer methodology – page 21
Report from March 2012 by the Economist Group