The Brunei Economic Development Board is a public agency in Brunei focusing on the growth and diversification of the Bruneian economy. Providing information on doing business in Brunei, it helps all those interested in investing and expanding their operations in the sultanate of Brunei.
Besides an extensive presentation of the sultanate, its economic advantages and policies towards development, the website of the Brunei Economic Development Board – BEDB – provides the most accurate and up-to-date information on Brunei and its policies, incentives, administrative procedures and taxation for both foreign and local companies.
Doing business in Brunei
The BEDB website presents all the incentives and tax exemptions granted to companies doing business in certain “pioneer” industries, in the production for export and international trade, and investing for development or in particular sectors. The industries and products that are officially declared as “pioneer” and that the BEDB aims at developing are:
- Aircraft Catering Services
- Cement Finishing Mill
- Aluminium Wall Tile
- Rolling Mill Plant
- Tissue Paper
- Canning, bottling and packaging
- Ceramic and potteries
- Plastics and synthetic
- Fertilizers and pesticides
- Sheet metal-forming
- Manufacture of electrical industrial machinery and apparatus
- Supporting services to water transport
- Slaughtering, preparing and preserving halal meat
- Related waste industry
- Manufacture of non metallic mineral products
- Manufacture of radio, television and communication equipment and apparatus
Business Guide in Brunei
The BEDB also provides a complete business guide that explains in details the different kinds of businesses available, procedures to open a company or a branch, registering a trademark, taxation, employing people and other resources available.
Business opportunities in Brunei
Aside from its useful business resources, the BEDB website highlights a set of interesting opportunities brought forward for their key role towards the future of the Bruneian economy. These business opportunities focus on the following points:
- Attracting Foreign Direct Investments – FDI
- Developing Local Businesses
- Delivering Assigned Infrastructure Projects
Of course, the BEDB website also links to all the necessary contacts, directories and important to news to do business in Brunei.