The 50 largest public listed companies of Thailand, components of the SET50 index, are important actors in the economy of Thailand, Southeast Asia and beyond. With a brief presentation, sector, and logo of each company, this useful list provides information and links to the company’s website and its stock quote.
List of the 50 components of the SET50 index
A member of the ASEAN Exchanges, the SET aggregates several indices to form a benchmark of the Thai market and facilitate trading and evaluation of the market trend. These indices notably include the SET index that aggregates all common stocks in Thailand, the SET50 and SET100 which are capitalization-weighted indices calculated from the top 50 and top 100 listed companies.
The SET50 index
The real-time quotation of the SET 50 index – can be followed from the Stock Exchange of Thailand’s website and also through the convenient graphical tools from Bloomberg or the ASEAN Exchanges. For more information on the SET50 index and the up-to-date weights of each stock, check the information from the SET website.
Details of the top 50 largest listed companies of Thailand
To help learn more about the largest companies of Thailand, and keep a usable list, here are listed the 50 largest public companies, the constituents of the SET50 Public Companies Limited.
Even though some of these companies are subsidiaries from the same parent company, several of these 50 companies from Thailand are part of the largest companies in Southeast Asia.
For more about the other public listed companies in Southeast Asia, check the lists of top companies in other major ASEAN countries:
- Top 30 companies of Malaysia – KLCI index
- Top 30 companies of Singapore – STI index
- Top 30 companies of the Philippines – PSEi index
- Top 45 companies of Indonesia – LQ45 index
Quick links to the top 50 public companies in Thailand’s SET50
To facilitate browsing in this long list, here are links to go directly to the details of any of the SET50 companies.
- Advanced Info Service PCL. – sector: Telecommunications
- Airports of Thailand PCL. – sector: Transportation & Logistics
- BANPU PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- Bangkok Bank PCL. – sector: Finance
- Bangkok Dusit Medical Services PCL. – sector: Healthcare
- Bangkok Expressway and Metro PCL. – sector: Transportation & Logistics
- Bumrungrad Hospital PCL. – sector: Healthcare
- Berli Jucker PCL. – sector: Commerce
- Bangkok Life Assurance PCL. – sector: Finance
- BANPU Power PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- BTS Group Holdings PCL. – sector: Transportation & Logistics
- Carabao Group PCL. – sector: Food & Beverages
- CP All PCL. – sector: Commerce
- Charoen Pokphand Foods PCL. – sector: Food & Beverages
- Central Pattana PCL. – sector: Real Estate
- Delta Electronics (Thailand) PCL. – sector: Electronic Components
- Total Access Communication PCL. – sector: Telecommunications
- Energy Absolute PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- Electricity Generating PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- Siam Global House PCL. – sector: Commerce
- Glow Energy PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities Reserve
- Global Power Synergy PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- Home Product Center PCL. – sector: Commerce
- Intouch Holdings PCL. – sector: Telecommunications
- IRPC PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- Indorama Ventures PCL. – sector: Petrochemicals & Chemicals
- Kasikornbank PCL. – sector: Finance
- KCE Electronics PCL. – sector: Electronic Components
- Kiatnakin Bank PCL. – sector: Finance
- Krung Thai Bank PCL. – sector: Finance
- Land And Houses PCL. – sector: Real Estate
- Minor International PCL. – sector: Food & Beverages
- Muangthai Leasing PCL. – sector: Finance
- Pruksa Real Estate PCL. – sector: Real Estate
- PTT PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- PTT Exploration And Production PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- PTT Global Chemical PCL. – sector: Petrochemicals & Chemicals
- Ratchaburi Electricity Generating Holding PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- Robinson PCL. – sector: Commerce
- The Siam Commercial Bank PCL. – sector: Finance
- The Siam Cement PCL. – sector: Construction Materials
- Siam City Cement PCL. – sector: Construction Materials
- Star Petroleum Refining PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- Thanachart Capital PCL. – sector: Finance
- TISCO Financial Group PCL. – sector: Finance
- TMB Bank PCL. – sector: Finance
- Thai Oil PCL. – sector: Energy & Utilities
- TPI Polene PCL. – sector: Construction Materials
- True Corporation PCL. – sector: Telecommunications
- Thai Union Group PCL. – sector: Food & Beverages
For the second semester of 2017, the full detailed list of the constituents of the SET50 is as follows.
Advanced Info Service – AIS – is a leading provider of mobile phone networks in Thailand, also involved in fixed broadband, digital services, and quality and lifestyle services.
Airports of Thailand – AOT – is the company operating the major international airports of Thailand in Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, and Hat Yai.
BANPU operates coal mining operations in Thailand, Indonesia and China, and coal-fired power generation in Thailand and China.
Bangkok Bank is a commercial bank in Thailand, a market leader for SME and corporate banking with the largest retail customer base. Bangkok Bank is also one of the largest regional banks in Southeast Asia.
Bangkok Dusit Medical Services is a hospital network in major cities of Thailand, including Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Chiang Mai, and Samui, also operating two hospitals in Cambodia.
Bangkok Expressway and Metro PCL is a leading mass rapid transit and transportation service operator providing services and commercial development relating to the expressway and metro systems.
Bumrungrad Hospital is a multi-specialty hospital in Bangkok, one of the largest hospitals in Southeast Asia, serving 1.1 million patients annually.
Berli Jucker is a diversified group providing integrated supply chain solutions particularly involved in the businesses of packaging, consumer products, and services, healthcare and retail.
Bangkok Life Assurance provides insurances and products for financial protection and wealth creation for individuals and families.
BANPU Power is involved in conventional and renewable power businesses, managing assets in Thailand, Laos, China, and Japan.
The BTS Group is the majority shareholder of the operator of Bangkok’s BTS Skytrain and BRT, also engaged in out-of-home and property development.
Carabao Tawandang Company is engaged in manufacturing and distributing energy drinks under the name “Carabao Dang” along with other beverages.
CP ALL is the flagship company of the Charoen Pokphand Group, notably operating convenience stores under the “7-Eleven” trademark in Thailand, and involved in various other industries.
Charoen Pokphand Foods is an agro-industrial and food conglomerate, a member of the Charoen Pokphand Group.
Central Pattana is the largest retail developer of Thailand, currently managing 26 shopping centers, 7 office buildings, 2 hotels, and 2 residential projects. Central Pattana is part of Central Group.
Delta Electronics (Thailand) is a world-leading producer of power supplies and electronic components notably used for automotive, medical, telecommunications, IT and automation.
Total Access Communication, commonly known as DTAC, is the second-largest mobile phone provider in Thailand, owned by Norwegian multinational telecommunications company Telenor.
Energy Absolute is a company involved in the production of biodiesel and renewable energy in both solar and wind power.
The Electricity Generating Public Company Limited, also known as EGCO, is an independent power producer with subsidiaries and joint ventures in Thailand and the Asia Pacific region.
Siam Global House is a retail chain specialized in construction material, home decoration products, construction tools and equipment, home improvement, and household and gardening decoration.
Glow Group is a group of energy companies generating and supplying electricity, steam, clarified, demineralized and chilled water. It is owned in the majority by the French energy company Engie (formerly GDF Suez).
Global Power Synergy is an energy company primarily involved in combined cycle – cogeneration plants, renewable energy and hydropower in Thailand, Laos, and Japan.
Home Product Center is a retailing and services company for home and building construction, expansion, renovation, and repair that operates the brand HomePro.
Intouch Holdings is a leading company in value-creating and sustainable asset management focusing on telecom, media, IT and digital content.
IRPC’s historic business is in applications of petroleum and petrochemical products. It expanded to the production of petrochemical products and developed its plant and infrastructures to a fully integrated petrochemical complex.
Indorama Ventures is a leading producer of petrochemicals and manufacturer of wool yarns.
Kasikornbank is a leading banking group in Thailand, previously known as the Thai Farmers Bank.
The core business of KCE Electronics is the production and distribution of custom printed circuit boards (PCB), used primarily in the electronics and automotive industries.
Kiatnakin Bank is a bank providing financial and investment services in Thailand.
Krung Thai Bank is a state-owned bank under the license issued by the Thai Ministry of Finance.
Land and Houses is a real estate company primarily engaged in housing development and particularly on single-detached houses.
Minor International is a hospitality company, restaurant operator and lifestyle brand retailer. It operates 1,500 restaurants and 100 hotels throughout the world.
Originally focusing on motorcycle loans, Muangthai Leasing has diversified to car loans, personal loans, agricultural vehicle loans, nano finance, and land loans.
Pruksa Real Estate is one of the largest real estate developers in Thailand, focusing on residential houses in Bangkok and its vicinity, and overseas.
PTT is a state-owned oil and gas company conducting integrated energy and petrochemical businesses.
PTT Exploration and Production – PTTEP – is a leading Exploration and Production company in Thailand, exploring sources of petroleum in various countries.
PTT Global Chemical – PTTGC – is the leading integrated petrochemical and refining company in Thailand and one of the largest in Asia.
Ratchaburi Electricity Generating Holding Public Company Limited, also known as RATCH, is a leading independent power producer from fossil fuel, renewable energy, and associated services in Thailand and internationally.
Robinson operates department stores in Thailand and has begun expanding its operations in Vietnam.
The Siam Commercial Bank, also known as SCB, was the first bank established in Thailand in 1904 which grew to become a universal banking group.
The Siam Cement Company, better known as SCG, was originally a cement-producing company that diversified in three core businesses: cement-building materials, packaging, and chemicals.
Siam City Cement – SCCC – provides construction materials and services, sold under the INSEE brand, in Thailand and the wider region.
A subsidiary of Chevron, Star Petroleum Refining builds and operates a petroleum refinery in the Rayong Province of Thailand, producing and exporting its petroleum products.
Thanachart Capital is the parent company of Thanachart Financial Conglomerate, operating in commercial banking, asset management, securities, insurance, hire purchase, leasing and supporting activities.
A leading financial institution in Thailand, TISCO has developed several financial services to serve the Thai market, before evolving into a commercial bank
TMB Bank is a commercial bank and financial services company. Its name is the contraction of its ancestor company, Thai Military Bank.
Thai Oil is a refining and petrochemical company notably involved in petrochemicals, lubricants, solvent and chemical products, power generation, transportation, and ethanol production.
TPI Polene is a cement manufacturer that is also involved in the manufacturing of certain petrochemical products.
True Corporation is a communication conglomerate controlling the largest cable TV provider, Internet service provider and one of the largest mobile operators in Thailand.
Thai Union Group is a world’s leading processor of seafood, owning a diversified portfolio of international and Thai brands.
To sum up, here is the list of the 50 Thai companies composing the SET50 index with their name, logo, sector and stock symbol.
Here are the fifty largest PCLs listed in Thailand. Did you know them all? What do you think they should do to keep expanding their operations in Thailand, Southeast Asia or the rest of the world?