Philippines

What is the key challenge for Philippine e-commerce?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Florian Bansac Florian Bansac 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello everybody

I have a question about the promotion of e-commerce in the Philippines:

What is the key factor hindering e-commerce in the Philippines?

• difficult environment for logistics (lack of infrastructures)
    • slow delivery
    • limited choice in the methods of payment
    • etc.

I have some ideas about the right answers, however I can’t choose which one is the best answer, since I don’t know the trends in the Philippine market very well.

Thank you very much.

Profile photo of ASEAN UP
    ASEAN UP
    Keymaster

Hi Gakuji, @kid74

Your post about e-commerce in the Philippine forum was edited to help the comprehension of the community. Please let us know if you meant something else.

Cheers!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Thank you for your comment.
    I’m sorry to not be able to post as it is typed.

My question is they face some problems in order to sell goods in the Philippines’ e-commerce.

In my opinion, 3 problems are as follows;

・difficult environment for logistics (lack of infrastructures)
    ・slow delivery
    ・limited choice in the methods of payment

Could you tell me your ideas about the Philippines’ e-commerce weak points, demerits, or anything negative?

I’m looking forward to your reply.

Thank you so much.

Profile photo of ASEAN UP
    ASEAN UP
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, various people have pointed to these issues to explain the challenges of e-commerce in the Philippines:

• difficulty to reach customers everywhere: remote islands and villages
    • lack of good infrastructures (roads, airports…)
    • limited use of financial services and large number of “unbanked” people who are therefore unable to pay online.

However, it would probably be difficult to single out one reason above the others, as it is most probably the additions of these factors that hinder e-commerce in general in the Philippines. Some areas or communities might be impacted by one factor rather than others, depending on their location, habits, connectivity to telecom networks, etc.

Hope this helps!

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of ASEAN UP ASEAN UP.
    Profile photo of Florian Bansac
    Florian Bansac
    Participant

Hi @kid74

As a side note, Filipinos are apparently also more likely to complain about their e-commerce websites… If we are to trust this study of consumer complaints about ecommerce in Southeast Asia.

😕

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.