Ferries Asia Summit 2017
27 March 2017 - 30 March 2017
“Within Asia, ferry travel is in the limelight. The potential for driving tourism growth is immense – and for archipelago nations battling with urban congestion, ferry services pose a clean, efficient alternative in everyday public transport. But given the recent high-profile ferry accidents, it is clear that Asia’s maritime passenger industry has much room for development still. Today, vessel operators are hemmed in by ever-tightening safety requirements on one hand, and a sluggish economy on the other.
Amid these circumstances, what are the best ways for ferry operators to maintain healthy business margins? How can ferry owners improve operations safety, service quality and fleet reliability, while minimizing operating and capital costs? What are the industry’s best-practices in cost-effective vessel and crew management, and how can they be achieved?”
Bringing together fast-ferry, RO-RO and ROPAX vessel owners along with international and domestic maritime regulators, classification agencies, shipbuilders and naval architects, this event connects the entire value chain for a meaningful holistic debate on ferry operations excellence in Asia.
- Comprehensive debates on addressing the complexity of ferry safety in Asia: Is vessel age truly the greatest concern? How significant are other factors, and how can they be addressed?
- Pathways to change through greater public-private collaboration
- Contrasting viewpoints on the most effective ways to enhance operational stability & passenger management
- Cost-efficient O&M strategies to extend vessel life & tips for stakeholder management to avoid purchasing mistakes
- Integrating ferry business with tourism opportunities through strategic partnerships
- Exciting formats including speed networking, panel discussions & a high-intensity fast-pitch ‘Shark Tank’!
Featured Speaker: Ibrahim Latheef, General Manager, Maldives Transport and Contracting Company
Ferry Operators and Governments
Conference Standard price: 1,999 USD
Conference Standard price: 2,199 USD
More information, registration and discounts on the event website.